Thursday, April 29, 2021

Not Knowing Where You’re Going

 So often in our Christian walk and/or in Ministry, we like to have everything all planned out for us way far in advance before we even make a step. Today I heard this phrase: “he went out, not knowing where he was going.” I knew it was in the Scriptures, so Google to the rescue.


“By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.” Hebrews 11:8 NKJV





If most of us would have been Abraham we would never have left! Yet, Abraham did, not knowing where he was going, he still left and obeyed God. Yes I know that we all know the verses like: “without faith it is impossible to please God…” or “for we walk by faith and not by sight…” but, knowing the verses in our head and actually putting them into practice in everyday life is where, as the expression goes - ‘where the rubber meets the road’. 


It would be really great if every time God spoke to us revealing a piece of our purpose, if He would spell it all out, from beginning to end. But alas, that is not how this works, (it is not how any of this works). Besides that, if He did, it would no longer require faith and we would be walking by sight.


I can recall about 6 months to a year before my Apostolic Commissioning in March of 2016, that the Lord spoke to me and said: “It is time for you to do for others what Leo (my Father) did for you.” I said yes to Him, but had no earthly idea how I was going to do it. I just agreed and purposed in my heart committing to Him that I would.


Gradually walking step by step, as He unfolded things in my heart, and I followed after peace, I stepped into that assignment. Over the last two and a half years it has become more pronounced and I am blessed to be a Mentor and Spiritual Father to men and women all across the Country. But when God spoke to me I was exactly like Abraham: “I did not know where I was going”.


My Brother and Sister, our job is to just be willing and obedient to the directives that He gives, follow after peace in our hearts, and not try to figure it all out, trusting that He knows what He is doing and will bring us to our destiny in His timing and in His way.


No comments:

Post a Comment